Tuesday, June 30, 2009

In Memory of Deil

Deil Wright died today. On the first Sunday Vicki and I attended Aldersgate United Methodist Church, right before the start of the first Gulf War in January 1991, Deil invited me to attend a men's breakfast. For many others before and after us, his kind spirit was how we went from being guests to being members at Aldersgate.

My fondest memory of Deil will be how, in a church softball game, if he came to bat with a runner on first, he always could hit the ball down the right field line, ensuring that the runner would make it Tleast to third. This spring he gave my parents and me Red Sox hats he'd received at a spring training game. I will wear mine in his memory. May his generous soul be at peace.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment